Cool Background!

Cool Background!
Awesome!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Do plants Grow Gold?




Rens van Wingerden


What did I know about my topic in the beginning? 

I knew that plants used photosynthesis to produce oxygen for us by taking in carbo dioxide and at the same time producing glucose for them selves.


What did I want to find out? 

How many plants species there are.


How did I want to find out and how did I actually find out about my topic throughout the six-week time? *

I wanted a little better understanding of plants. I found out more about plants by resreaching and observing.


What have I learned about my topic? 

That there are more than 380,000 species and that scientist have made an estimate that there stil are more than 1.4 million species to be found where and that medicine comes from plant celles such as there roots, leaves, protective venom, and there flower.


What new questions do I have? 

How will plants react to different chemicals or other solids.


What actions will I take? (my plan for a future Science Fair topic or an independent investigation) 

Next science fair I will pick a partner instead of me alone.


What was the most enjoyable part of creating your science fair project (not counting the actual fair)? 

Painting the poster and decorating it.


What was the most difficult or frustrating part of your project? 

That I missed ten days because I restarted my project and that I worked alone.


Pick one project (other than your own) that you found interesting and/or impressive. Describe what you liked about it. 

Matthew glue project. Because he had so many different glues.


What problems/challenges did you run into this year as you worked on your project? What steps did you take to overcome these challenges? 

That I worked alone.


Thinking of your own project, what would you do differently next time? Address only those factors that you have control over (you don’t have control over getting sick or your mom going out of town, for example). 

Next time I would work with a partner.


While presenting your project, what do you think you did well? 

Being enthusiastic and presenting with pride.


While presenting your project, what do you think you could have done better? 

Inviting people to my project.


Did you work alone or in a group? Would you choose to do that again? Why or why not? *

I worked alone.I would not do that again because with a partner or in a group you can give people jobs and so not all the stress is on you but also on other people so everyone is equal.


Are you happy with the topic you chose? Would you chose to investigate it again in the future? Why or why not? *

I am happy with the topic. I would investigate it again because it is a simple topic.


Do you feel you were prepared enough to present you project to others at the science fair? Why or why not? *

Yes because I did everything needed.


Did you use the feedback that you were given electronically? If so, in what ways was it helpful? If not, why not? *

It was pretty helpful because you know if your actually doing a good job.










1 comment:

  1. Rens, I was glad you were able to explore a topic that you were interested in learning more about. I'm sorry that you weren't able to work with a partner. I often find that working with a partner really helps not only divide the work, but also develop new ideas that I would have come up with by myself.

    ReplyDelete